Monday, June 24, 2013

So I just had a moment of reconciliation with myself. If you care to read, this will take just a bit to explain.

Spence and I saw a man at a Taco Bell drive-through the other day ... just sitting, no sign, not bothering anyone, didn't even speak to anyone, just looking hungry. Because I was grumpy that day, because he made me uncomfortable, perhaps feeling a bit guilty that I didn't help buy him a taco, and because sometimes I get tired of people asking for handouts I told the staff. They made sure he was "removed".

It's been bothering me since. He wasn't hurting anyone. He was just hungry.

Today I saw a different man in front of SaveMart. As I did my shopping I purchased a few things for him, but when I left he was gone. Walking to my car, I literally cross paths with the man from Taco Bell. I was able to share some groceries with him and feel much better about myself and my earlier ill feelings.

He said, "lingu" (thank you). I said, "you're welcome" and went on with my day feeling a bit lighter and brighter.

No comments: